Thursday, August 14, 2008

Deep Dish Pizza Cravings...

After watching the Travel Channel's Pizza Paradise, I had a craving for some deep dish pizza. Unfortunately, I haven't found any place in the NY / NJ area that serves this glorious pie. Still, I had the craving (kinda like Harold and Kumar), so I decided to give Uno's a try.

What a revelation - the Numero Uno (the works) and the Farmer's Market (veggie) were pretty tasty. The crust was crispy and slightly tender and the combo of sausage, tomato, onions, shrooms, and pepperoni were killer. Usually, I'm of the opinion the less ingredients on a dish, the bettter - but this really works. I'm pretty sure this is nothing like the stuff you get in Chicago, but to me it was definitely satisfying. A definitely inspiring moment and I'll give some deep dish pizza making a try soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not too picky about my 'zas. so an "authentic" chicago deep dish really isn't that hard for me to find. i'll take anything.
Uno's deep dish always hits the spot.
And like Aramis mentioned, a dish shouldn't have more than 2 or 3 highlighted ingredients.
Except for Pizzas. The more the better it seems.
Who ever came up with "meat lovers" toping set is truly one that loves food and mankind.