Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Just one more

I gotta bash the Bahamas one last time.
So these horrific dishes were from Amici.
Located at the Sheraton Cable Beach Resort - Nassau, Bahamas

Amici is considered one of the better Italian joints on the island but take it from me, (and I'm not fussy about my Italian food compared to Aramis) it's Terrible.
This was one of the worst Italian food experiences of my life. #1 worst experience may still be the time I went to Tutta Pasta in Hoboken, NJ and almost threw up after taking a bite into their pasta dishes. That said, Amici deserves a solid Second place for their terrible food.

Dishes ordered:
Caesar Salad - 2/10 If they had torn open a romaine lettuce packet from Shoprite and doused it with a Paul Newman's Caesar Dressing, it would have been 10 times better.
Bistecca alla Fiorentina - 3/10 ($41) As you can see in the picture, it's not even a Porterhouse. Any educated carnivore will tell you this dish is specifically a Porterhouse grilled with seasoning, herbs and a touch of nice Olive Oil. I guess the chef skipped that particular lesson while getting his online culinary diploma.



















Pasta alla Frutta di Mare - 2/10 ($38) Again, take a look at the photo and tell me this is one of the most unappetizing dishes you have ever seen. Totally a WTF moment for us. And get this, it tasted worse than it looked. It was as if the cook boiled the pasta and the seafood in the same pot of unsalted water, then tossed it with clarrified butter before plating.

1 comment:

Aramis said...

How the f is that pasta...