Thursday, February 5, 2009

Poop Deck Restaurant

The Poop Deck - Not Recommended

If your #1 objective in the Bahamas is to dine well, this should deter you from ever coming down to the islands. The Poop Deck was recommended by 4 out of 5 people we asked, including the hotels and local bus/taxi drivers. I specifically asked for a restaurant that caters to well-to-do locals on the island.
So even being considered THE restaurant to go to, it still has plenty to work on before I will consider it a professionally run establishment.

The service is terrible, ingredients are poor quality, and presentation is mediocre.

We had a 4 top Friday night and to kick off the debacle, the water for the table wasn't filled until 10 minutes after being seated. To follow, the waiter didn't know what was the special of the day, nor did he know what was sold out. ( I place most of the blame on the owners and managers of the place. They really need to up their game if they want to sustain their business with today's economy.) We had to wait for him to come back and forth each time we had a question. Irritating to say the least.

Below are pictures of our dishes.
Overall, the snapper dish (upper left) was the only palatable dish at the restaurant.










1 comment:

Athos said...

Perhaps I should have warned you before you went down there. After a day or 2, you should have figured it out, but you were only there for 3. The way they (Caribbeans) think is that you are on their time. Also, you're on vacation time. Good service, hastiness, and everything that says "home" is what they focus on not doing. When you're there, you go with the flow. Once you realize you will not get good food, service, or something in this century, you will be able to enjoy yourself a lot more. Lik when I go to China, I know that I will not have personal space, people will stare at me, and I may not see the sun until I fly back. Once you realize this is just how it is, then you find the pleasures in other places. This is how I travel.