Tuesday, April 7, 2009

FoieGras Burger at Robuchon NYC

In many ways, the best latenight snack in Manhattan.

Aramis and I were in the city the other night hanging out. And after some preliminary eats, decided to stop by L'atelier de Joel Robuchon for a coup de grace.

My good friend Yosuke has been overlooking the kitchen at the highly refined eatery "L'atelier" for the past 3 years and is now packing his bags to open yet another L'atelier in Taiwan.
Aramis has been wanting to go for some time, so we decided to stop by late one night and sat at the bar.

The intention was good. We were supposed to stop by, order a few aps and perhaps a drink or two and wish Yosuke best of luck. But as history has taught us, when ever there's good food in front of us, we will not refuse it.
So as we paroused through the menu, we ended up ordering pretty much another full meal.

The burgers were ground up hanger steaks with an even bigger piece of FG on top. Sandwiched in a mini brioche with caramelized onions and sauteed julienned red peppers.
On the side were perfectly crisped french fries with a delicious housemade A1 sauce.
Easily the juiciest most flavorful burger I have ever had. (And believe me, I have had my fare share of burgers).
I will surely be back for more.


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: