Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Preface

Dynamic Duos

If asked to try name a few famous duos.
- Cleopatra & Mark Antony
- Reagan & Gorbachev
- Michael Jordan & Scottie Pippen
- Tom & Jerry
- Batman & Robin... may come to mind for most.

But for Aramis and I, last thursday marked a new revelation.
Yasuda and Robuchon.
Quite possibly, the Dudes Night that will never be topped.

It started out innocently enough on Monday. I gave Aramis a call at work and just wanted to catch up a bit and see if he wanted to grab dinner sometime that week in the city.
We realized we hadn't been back to Yasuda for a long time and so I made the rez and Thursday night was set.

I got to Yasuda a bit early and saw that 2 seats (I assumed they were ours) were vacant at the counter. I went in and was seated right away.
Chef Yasuda remembered me and we quickly caught up.

No comments: