Thursday, June 25, 2009

Chanterelle NYC

Chanterelle - Highly Recommended
2 Harrison St NY, NY 10013
(At Hudson St)

An absolute delight! Simply the best!
My meal Tuesday night quite possibly may be one of the top 5 meals I've ever had.
Although this week (and it hasn't even ended) has been epic, with Telepan and Chanterelle back to back, I still have Aldea and Momofuku Ssam Bar to close out the second half. I can't help but feel I'm the luckiest guy on earth.

Like all great restaurants of this caliber, as you walk in, you are greeted by a beautiful receptionist who confirms your reservation and shows you to your table. But what impressed me even more was Master Sommelier Roger Dagorn waiting at your table and seating you personally. He does this for just about every table he is able to get to.
(FYI : Roger is one of only 171 Master Sommeliers from the Court of Master Sommeliers from around the world)

And to make a long story short, Chef David Waltuck and Master Somm Roger Dagorn are perfect for each other. David's food is etherial. No doubt about it. With only 80 seats, he is able to keep a close eye on every single dish coming out of the kitchen and we all benefit.
I don't think I've ever enjoyed a meal and bottles of wine more than last Tuesday night. The unison and harmony was magical and it was one of those moments you just know will always prelude "The first time I ate at Chanterelle..." conversations.


No comments: