Monday, June 15, 2009

Sriracha Sauce

I've been wanting to write about how much I love sriracha sauce (properly pronounced SIR-rotch-ah) for a while, but I've been getting crushed at work. Any who, I need to take a break from work this weekend and the sauce has been on my mind.

Sriracha sauce is actually not a sauce originating from South East Asia, but from a Vietnamese fellow in California - a great NY Times article talks about Sriracha here. Well, over the weekend I ordered some good pizza at my local pizzeria and I decided why not drop some sriracha on it. The pizza I got was not from Grimaldi's or Lombardi's, so it's not sacred and I decided it may make sense. F ya it does...garlicky, slightly sweet, and great heat and flavor. Give it a try next time you get some average to subpar pizza and "kick it up a notch."

Btw - it's much better on cold pizza the next day and really makes bland buffalo wings sing again.

No comments: