Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Telepan

Telepan - Highly Recommended
72 West 69 Street
New York, NY 10023
Tel: 212.580.4300
Fax: 212.580.4379

Here's a restaurant I just can't believe I have never been to.
With my foodie radar cranked up for the past 5 years, it baffles me why I never once thought of going to Telepan's.
The food here is great. And the prices are even better.
Take for example the current prix fixe menu :

3 Course Tasting Menu $39
order before 6:30 PM
(Monday thru Friday)

4 Course Tasting Menu $59
with wine $105
(one from each + dessert)

5 Course Tasting Menu $69
with wine $125
(one from each + cheese + dessert)

I went Monday night and was joined by 6 others at the chef's table.
Great company, great food, and hilarious conversations.
Check out pictures of our tasting menu below.





Bill Telepan is a city veteran who's worked in all the right places.
And surprisingly is as down to earth as you get.
He's in the kitchen every night, he's involved with various charities in the city, a wonderful father and husband and really kicks ass in the kitchen.

No comments: