Monday, October 26, 2009

Are Artificial Sweeteners Really That Bad for You?

Here is an article from Time Magazine that talks about what we've hear our whole lives - Sweet 'N Low will cause cancer, create anal bleeding, will make you fat, and could break your spine. After all this time, there isn't really scientific evidence to back this up. I'll be honest; I still use the stuff. So far, so good. Then again, check back with me in a couple more decades when I may be using a sanitary napkin instead of toilet paper.

1 comment:

yodasmith said...

I have always stayed away from aspartame because I have Phenylketonuria-variant( you might have seen warnings on labels for phenylketonurics where aspartame is listed). No one can convince me of it's safety for me or anyone else. I would prefer to stay away from other artificial sweeteners as well. I use SweetLeaf Sweetener Stevia!

If you are interested in learning about the safety, health benefits, or how some stevia brands may vary in quality and taste, Jim May, "The Father of Stevia," who was the first to bring stevia to the U.S. back in 1982, will have a free webinar tomorrow, 10/27. If you're interested, click the link below, and it will take you to a related article. Embedded in the article, towards the end, is the link where you need to register. Remember, it's free!
www.prlog.org/10375388-is-stevia-shaking-up-sweetener-markets-james-may-aka-father-of-stevia-shares-views-at-webinar.html