Friday, October 16, 2009

Poutine

A novel idea but comes a bit short on the Awesome Meter. It's good, but it ain't that great.
You get fries, throw some cubed cheese over it and drown it in gravy. You then garnish with some kind of meat and there you have it.

I chose a Bacon Poutine for my lunch. (see below)
In all fairness, I was walking in a touristy area of Montreal (Old Montreal), and was encouraged by the restaurant owner (who was waiving in passer byers out in the street) to try his "famous" poutine and to kick back and rest their tired feet.
So perhaps, a grander establishment would have been a wiser choice, but fries are fries right? You don't need a Poutine expert to cook up this dish.
Hey, I don't dislike it, but I'm not putting it on my "To Do Eat List" next time I'm in Montreal.

1 comment:

Aramis said...

Au pied de cochon's foie gras poutine...pretty pretty pretty awesome.

http://dudesonfoods.blogspot.com/2008/04/au-pied-de-cochon-review.html