Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Bar Artisanal - Second Look

After the incredibly delicious Irving Mill burger, I immediately questioned how it would rank up in the pecking order of the burger universe. So, naturally I decided to take another look at the Bar Artisanal burger.

Although the second visit to Bar Artisanal was incredibly delicious, I wasn't as blown away as the first time. Oddly enough, I was more blown away by the fries at Bar Artisanal - huge, huge potato flavor and crispier than the first time. Any who - it's good tasting these burgers so close to each other because you can definitely see the nuances between the two.

Taste - Bar Artisanal wins the taste battle. The remoulade and pickled tomato gives the patty and incredibly beefy flavor. I added gruyere to the burger and it was a phenomenal addition and adding the right amount of sweetness and nuttiness that complemented the burger.

Texture - Irving Mill's burger is ridiculously juicy which makes sense considering they use 35% pork fat. Even the meat texture is better - crispy on the outside and a great meat texture, soft but with a little bit of chew. Bar Artisanal's texture is decent, but I think the coarser grind made the texture less pleasant than Irving Mill.

Final Verdict - I have to say Bar Artisanal wins out for me in the overall happiness department - though I really, really love the Irving Mill burger. Something about Artisanal's burger just makes me uber happy.

No comments: