Thursday, October 29, 2009

Martha Stewart Meal

I had this weird desire to have a nice fall meal - crispy chicken, roasted butternut squash, nice side salad and bread. I honestly had no desire to ever make this style of food in the past, but maybe it's living in the burbs now and seeing the falling leaves that has brought out my inner Martha Stewart. Any who, a completely delicious satisfying meal.

Chicken recipe a la Porthos.

Roasted Butternut Squash
So simple and easy. Insanely sweet and had weird hints of cinnamon and nutmeg although I added none. I'm sure there's many other things I could have done, but I had no time and this method still yielded a great dish. The perfect fall side dish and great with the crispy and full flavored chicken.

Ingredients
1 butternut squash
extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper

1) Set oven to 400F. Place a baking sheet in the oven
2) Peel the butternut squash twice - when the color is not green or pale, you can stop peeling. Remove seeds and stuff inside. Dice squash into 1 inch pieces.
3) Toss squash with extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper
4) Add squash to the oven and cook 45 minutes to an hour. Stir once or twice. The squash should be nicely caramelized and crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside.

No comments: