Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Schwartz's Deli (Montreal)

Schwartz's Montreal Hebrew Delicatessen

3895 St Laurent
Montreal, QC H2W 1X9, Canada
(514) 842-4813

I had my reservations about this place. After all, "is this place even going to come close to Katz's Deli?"
I wasn't really expecting much. How could I? Not only do I love Katz's Deli in Manhattan, it's considered by many, to be the end all be all sandwich of mankind. Inmates on death row have requested their last meal be a Pastrami sandwich from Katz's (OK, I made that up, but I am willing to bet a dollar that that actually happens)
But at $16 a sandwich, Schwartz's $5.50 is a steal!
I'm not going to say Schartz's "smoked meats sandwich" is better, but for only $5.50, it's the best $5.50 I've ever had.
(and Yah! that's $5.50 Canadian)

No comments: