Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Dude's Dinner in 20min

Pan Seared Skirt Steak
Sauteed (Brunoise) Potatoes
(Leftover) Mashed Potatoes
Cherry Tomato Salad

Couldn't be easier and oh so yummy. 
Skirt steaks were on sale at the local A&P so picked a pound of it up. 
I had some leftover potato salad in the fridge and to give it a little fresh kick, I stirred in 1/2 a teaspoon of lemon zest.
This totally transformed it into a summery dish. 
As for the Cherry Tomatoes, I just halved them and tossed in some olive oil, vinegar and season. 
And finally the sauteed potatoes were just an instant creation.  I was thinking I wanted something I could just constantly spoon feed myself so it had to be already chopped up. 
I finely chopped a single yukon gold into about 1/8 inch cubes.  Did the same thing with a shallot and about a tablespoon worth of green peppers. 
All cut into uniform tiny cubes and sauteed for about 3 min in the fry pan.  Once the starch started breaking down and clinging to the fry pan, I deglazed with some chicken stock and constantly stirred an additional 1 min.  Once all reduced to a slight thicker consistancy, I removed into a bowl and just waited on my steak to finish up. 

Plate and Voila!

No comments: