Monday, June 11, 2007

Fast food tip

Sometimes you just gotta stop at the McD’s, Burger King, Jack in the Box, Wendy’s, etc. Lots of those times it’s very late at night when nothing else is open. You see your future meal sitting on the counter, baking against that light bulb. You imagine the cheese turning into plastic, smearing itself into the wrapper while the grease from the burger penetrates the pickles, and the bread hardening as the time goes on. The fries limp and get soft and soggy as they soak in their oil. How do you overcome that? Simply order your food… “modified.” For a burger, ask them for extra pickles, for example. For fries, tell them you can’t have salt. (But ask for a packet of salt!) Guess what – they need to make a fresh sandwich and a new batch of fries. You may have to wait a little longer making your fast food not-so-fast food, but it’s better than eating the mush that was waiting for you. Try it, you’ll see. Just a tip I picked up from my friend when he worked at Burger King back in high school days. Heck, I use his advice even if it’s during lunch. Just to make sure my stuff is done my way (pun intended).

You’re welcome

1 comment:

Aramis said...

That is a spectacular tip and I will definitely give it a try. I wonder if there is some trick for fried chicken...