Monday, June 18, 2007

Worst Sushi Ever

I was in Detroit this past weekend with the wife, meeting up some friends from the college days.
On our way back to Jersey, We grabbed a meal at the airport so that we could use up some meal vouchers from the airlines.
I had about $50 worth of vouchers so I thought blowing it on sushi would make sense.

I was wrong. I should have known eating sushi at Detroit airport was a bad idea.
A hamburger, a caesar salad, a grilled chicken sandwich would have been a better (and only logical) choice.
It's true when they say hindsight is 20/20.
But unfortunately, I gave it no prior thought, and was utterly dissapointed when I got my food.












It is quite mind boggling how people can charge money for this shite.
It may not be instantly noticeable but these rolls were the size of my forearm.
If you are familiar with Sushi (and I mean the real stuff)... most Maki-sushi is rolled with a half sheet of nori, which almost never overlaps. And even when it does, (for california rolls and such) it's no more than 10 percent overlap.
Take a look at the nori and you'll see what I mean. (And by no means was this considered a futomaki)
Further more, the tempura was soggy, the fish was fishy (bad fishy), the rice wasn't seasoned, and the whole thing was pressed too hard.
Train-Wreck!!!
So whomever made these rolls clearly has no idea what sushi is or what it should look like.
By the way, these rolls were $16 and $18 dollars a piece.
Yah...
I laughed at the meal and at the bill, then apologized to my wife for making her eat this garbage.

No comments: