Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Delta Pilar Kitchen Faucet

As part of my full integration into the society of the suburbanites, I have learned to enjoy my "weekend projects." Lame to some - to me it's a source of relaxation away from the non-sense at work.

This particular weekend project was to install a new kitchen faucet. We first started with the Kohler Forte and although the thing looked great, it friggin leaked right away. Everyone also complained about the leaks online, so it was an obvious pass.

After doing more online research, we chose the Delta Pilar 980T-SSSD-DST and this is one of the better purchases I've made in a while. It not only looks great, but what makes this special is the "Touch20" technology where you tap anywhere on the faucet to turn the water on/off - no more raw meat hands on the faucet handle! Going to be incredibly handy during the summer season when I'm handling burgers, chickens, lamb, etc and running out to the grill. Also, love the fact that there's no wasted motion for you - after washing your hands you just tap the faucet which is closer than moving to the handle. The little things always matter :)

Any who, install was under one hour, so not so bad. Only odd thing is this requires 4 batteries for the sensor. Price is double the Kohler model, but 100% worth it in my opinion. Highly Recommended.

No comments: