Saturday, October 6, 2007

Scary Spice



No, not the "singer" (put in quotes purposely), but what is used in a spicy dip called nam prik pao that was being made in London’s SoHo district at a Thai restaurant called Thai Cottage. While the bird’s eye chilies were deep frying, it caused people to cough and gag resulting in a chemical attack scare. Firefighters broke through the door of the restaurant to find no attack.


I wonder if they laughed and ordered satay and the dip. At least that’s what I would have done. Sure, owner has no door, but it’s good advertising. Being a chili-head, I’d be there the same day to try the sauce. With a gasmask…


http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21131447/

3 comments:

Aramis said...

Definitely gotta check that place out. Most thai places are toned-down to the point where it almost tastes like Chinese food. I say the spicier the better!

Anonymous said...

Until you go to Thailand and ask them "oh, give me what the locals have."
And then 3 days later, you finally regain taste, but your lips are still pulsating from the little green pepper you thought was a bean in a soup.

Seriously, the most pain I've ever experienced while eating.

Never again will I eat Southeast Asian cuisine without thoroughly examining each bite.

Athos said...

...and my guess is it's hot going in, then it's hot going out, too!

-cue Johnny Cash's 'Ring of Fire' song"-