Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I am King!

Okay, my turn!

I like White Castle, but there are none around Washington, D.C., so when I returned to Chicago, I got my Castle on! Truth be told, we were brought to a new chain in Chi called El Pollo Loco, but since my plane landed so late, it was midnight when we arrived, and it was closed. What’s nearby and open? White Castle! It’s been years since I’ve been, so walking in and seeing and smelling the little burgers sizzling made me smile immediately. I didn’t go fancy or anything, just plain ol Sliders. Didn’t even get cheese on them (which I regretted). Whatever, they all went down by the shovel-full.

Trivia - Did you know the patties have the little holes in them so they cook quicker? It just so happened that there was a special on FoodTV just a few days before hitting The Castle.

Has anyone gone here and jam Beastie Boys in their head?

I like the way that they walk
And it's chill to hear them talk
And I can always make them smile
From WHITE CASTLE to the Nile



1 comment:

Aramis said...

Awesome dude. I'm glad I spark a white castle craze :)

Any who, i hope you got to check out el pollo loco. That place was in Puerto Vallarata and everyone seemed to love it. I checked out pollo feliz in PVR and we loved it!