Tuesday, October 7, 2008

L'Arte Del Gelato (West Village) - Review

Intro
L'Arte Del Gelato - Highly Recommended
75 Seventh Avenue
(Between Bleecker & West 4th Street)
New York, NY 10014

As usual, I'm always looking for the perfect gelato and we found a pretty, pretty, pretty damn good one in L'Arte Gelato. This has overtaken Bruno Bakery as my favorite gelato spot in the West Village (much less sweet than Bruno), but I think Grom in the Upper East Side still takes the cake for me.

My Menu
1) Hazelnut Gelato **
2) Pistachio Gelato **

Rating System
--- What the F - in a bad way * Good ** Great *** What the F – in a good way

Dish Comments
Usually, hazelnut and pistachio are perfect gelato tests and this definitely passes the mark. Solid gelato here. Great texture, perfect balance of sweetness (not disgustingly sweet), and pretty good intensity of the flavor ingredient. Overall, very very good.

Closing Comments
I definitely need to return to Grom in the Upper West Side for a comparison. My memory of Grom was the concentration of flavor was more intense at Grom. This comes pretty damn close though.

No comments: