Monday, October 27, 2008

My Harold and Kumar Experience...

Usually I don't eat anything before my jiu-jitsu class, since I'm coming straight from work. Not the smartest idea, but you do what you have to do. So, after class the other night I was ravenous and needed some eats. A simple 15 minute trip to Wendy's ended up being a one f'n hour trip because every single road was closed that night. So infuriating, but at least Wendy's is usually my go to for fast food and I had a laser focus to get there. I used to love Wendy's for the variety you could get on the $1 menu.

Unfortunately, this time it sucked pretty bad. Not sure if my palate has changed or the formula changed. The bread on the sandwiches are so disugstingly buttered now...usually buttered bread is not so bad, but this is cloyingly sweet and just has this bad taste. I've noticed this at other fast food and chain restaurants as well (aka Chili's). Add the dried chicken with some gross buffalo wing sauce.

Ugh...but, a couple classes later, I decided to give fast food another try and White Castle kicked massive ars. The bread did it's job...soft and perfect to soak up the juices, but not overpowering the meat in flavor. The meat flavor comes through and is nice and soft, and the onions give it great flavor. Great stuff and I think I will declare this my new go to...I mean Harold and Kumar did ride a cheetah to get there, so it makes sense.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i love white castle burgers i even buy them frozen at the groery even though they taste nothing like the fresh ones. no white castle out west-mostly jack in the crack & ewdy's,mcD's etc. I'm from Chicago area and sure miss my white castle FIX.

Athos said...

the davis' - I hear you on that wholeheartedly. I, too, and from ChiTown, but they're lacking WC in D.C. You better believed I cured my fix when I returned to Chi last month!

Anonymous said...

I hate you both for the posts!!! Sitting on a train in Grand central and haven't had dinner yet!!! Now you have me craving white castle. I truely haven't eaten at mcdonalds, wendys, buyer king, taco bell, or white castle for a few years now and now at a time of weakness I might cave!!!!

Help me!!!!!