Saturday, October 18, 2008

Review Updates and Extras

Matsugen - (-) My buddy and Sous Chef from a NY Times 3 Star restaurant texted me saying,
"Never going back. Food was not good and service was aweful..."

Tori Shin - (-) A co-worker of mine in the food biz said,
"Dude, you were right... I'm not going back..."

Lan - (+) Great as usual. Can't really say much else. The dishes from the menu are consistent and the service is always very warm and attentive. If there's a weakness to the place, it would probably be the bar. The blonde bartender could use a quick Bartending 101.

Momofuku Ssam - (+) Friend and Japanese culinary authority, James Beard nominated cookbook author Hiroko Shimbo called me the other day to tell me she had a wonderful time at Momofuku Ssam Bar.
She said, "...very well thought out. Lots of Korean accents, and cleverly created for the American audience."


(+) Positive Review
(-) Negative Review

No comments: