Friday, October 10, 2008

Soft Shell Crabs

I woke up particularly early this past Sunday knowing I had some soft shell crabs in the fridge I needed to fry up.
It was 7am and I felt particularly productive that morning, since Sundays don't usually start till 11 or 12 noon.
I put on the tellie and caught up on my politics. What a circus eh?
(I miss Tim... RIP)

So onto the crabs.
I knew I wanted to fry these bad boys, but needed to work on a coating so that they would fry up crisp and have a little flavor to them.
Wondra, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, a pinch of Sea Salt and a ton of Black Pepper.


















That sure did it. I made a little pan sauce to accompany.
(reduction of chicken stock and a little butter)

These babies came out niiiiiice.
I should have whipped up a salad to plate with the crabs but I wasn't in the mood for that.

No comments: