Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Lion's Den

Max Brenner
Corner of 9th St and 2nd Ave
The ultimate date spot for the young and naïve.

(The following dialogue took place 7:55pm on a Thursday night at Max Brenner. I was conveniently seated right next to this couple on a date)

Boy - I've had hot chocolate in Paris, I've had hot chocolate in Rome, I've had hot chocolate in Berlin... But this is the best cup of hot chocolate I've ever had and I'm glad I'm sharing it with you.

Girl - Oh WOW! You've been to France?

Boy - Oh yah... I stayed there for a summer and picked up the language. I'm fluent now.

Girl - That is amazing.

Boy - But I totally prefer NY to anywhere else because everything here is real. We just have more substance.

Girl - What do you mean? More substance...

Boy - I'm an architecture major and being raised in the neighborhood where Frank Lloyd Wright lived really gave me a solid foundation, an eye for art.

Girl - That is so cool.

Are you about to barf yet? This went on for another good 10 minutes.
I can't stress how bad the desserts are here, but if the only chocolate you've ever had is a Hershey's bar, this is a step up.
Did you take a look at the pic?
Confectioner's sugar dusted everywhere. Pleez!!!

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: