Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Eleven Madison

I just happened to dine there right before leaving for Tokyo 2 weeks ago.
So I guess it's only appropriate to post my thoughts immediately after last week's 4 stars.

Well, first off, congrats to the chef (Daniel Humm) and Danny Meyer for their quest for 4.
It's not easy swaying the gobbling goblins of the NY Times these days. But this just shows persistence pays off in the end.
I've been dining at Eleven Madison on a semi-annual pace with my wife for the past 2 years now and it's always been a total treat. There are floor captains in every corner, at least 3 somms on any given night, and a brigade of bussers and servers to man each table in unison.
Not to mention an extremely talented Swiss born chef in the kitchen running things every night.
Well done guys!


















I haven't checked the menu prices but if they haven't gone up after the crowning, IT WILL...
So get your reservations in and enjoy.

















Going on gut (literally) instinct here...
I suspect Chanterelle will recapture their 4 stars when they reopen after renovations in October.
The food and wine pairing there is absolutely prefect.

No comments: