Thursday, August 6, 2009

Welcome back to Tokyo

It's been 3 or 4 years since I've been back to Japan and not missing the summer weather one bit. Hot and muggy, not a good combo by any standard.

But the food is good, public transportation runs on time, people are really helpful, and the city is kept extremely clean.


Well enough about the city specs, and more onto the food.
For the next 10 days, I intend to eat just about anything in my field of vision. (hehe)
I was picked up at the airport by a friend and we went to a quaint izakaya for dinner.


This meal was ¥1,000($10)!
Grilled Sanma (in season)
Bowl of really good rice
Pickled Veggies
Miso soup with clams
Tofu puree
Fruit plate























My next stop, Tsukiji...

1 comment:

Tobias said...

more on Tokyo's Izakaya on www.izakayasanpo.com