Sunday, August 23, 2009

Snacks on a Train

The bullet train, or better known as "Shinkansen" in Japan is by far the nicest train I've ever ridden on.
Smooth, Fast, Comfortable and Clean. There isn't much more you can ask for.
They even serve good food.









-side note-
When I was much younger (err, 20 years younger) I was fortunate enough to have the famous Imperial Palace Hotel Curry Rice on the Shinkansen. The Japanese take their curry seriously, and the Imperial Palace Curry recipe is one of the most recognized in the country. They exclusively served that same curry on the Shinkansen and it sold very well. But it was laborious and cumbersome to get the batch of curry onto all the trains every day so it was terminated from the menu around 15 years ago.


So I bought a weekly pass for the Japan Railroad system and hopped on the Shinkansen a few times this trip.
I opted for a tiny snack to hold me off til dinner time.

Below is a cute sandwich set (very standard in presentation and quantity) and drink.

No comments: