Friday, December 18, 2009

Disappointing

Matsuri - Highly Not Recommended
369 West 16th Street
New York, NY 10011

I've had my fair share of disappointments in my life.
Ranging from a bad magazines I pick up at airports, to girls never returning my phone calls.

But I gotta say, when you go to a restaurant you've been to, and expect to have a good time, but actually don't, that just hurts.

And that's precisely what happened Monday night at Matsuri.
About 18 months ago, when I first went to Matsuri, I had a great time.
The food was on, and so was the service. Great time, and was looking forward to going back.
I really don't know what happened to the place, but everything was a train-wreck.

The food actually made me sick when I got home. We ordered a sashimi platter, and I guess the shrimp had turned. Like wtf guys?! You can't serve old sashimi to guests!

And to make things worse, the new floor manager there seems to have no clue what he is doing.
He spent most of the time (while we were waiting for him) at the stereo queuing up a mix of terrible ethnic music from all over the world, his servers were crass, and the food took forever to get to our table.

I don't think I will ever go to Matsuri again.
Just can't do it.

No comments: