Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Julie & Julia

I “bumped into” this movie a couple weeks ago at the redbox. I knew there was something relating to Julia Child in the movie, so I thought I’d give it a go. Loved the movie. I actually saw it a second time before returning it by 9PM the next evening. I learned a lot about Julia Child. Ironically, I was talking to Porthos about it, and it was quite the opposite for him. Of course, food is his life. No, literally – food feeds him by way of mouth and paycheck. Since more people would be more towards my level, I can see why the last few weeks I’ve noticed several of my friends on Facebook recently watching the movie and loving it, too. A couple friends even tried to cook Julia Child’s Boeuf Bourguignon. I guess I should take a crack at it. Any recommendations on which wine or burgundy I should use?

Anyway, if you’re into food and haven’t seen Julie & Julia, do so. You’ll enjoy it.

2 comments:

Porthos said...

sure... make me out to be the D...
haha.

i just wanted more JC, and less whiny girl.

don't spend too much on the burgundy...
(any pinot noir grape wine will do... but i'm sure if you used a cab or a shiraz, it would be even more powerful)
i'd look for something in the $12 to $18 range.
any less and you're left with something bland.
any more, would be unnecessary.

Athos said...

Thanks, amigo!