Friday, December 11, 2009

Salads and I

If you know me, I'm probably the last person you'd ever thought would rave about salads.
Vegetables and I aren't the best of friends.
Most of the time, we don't even speak.

But when in the land of culinary marvel, throw those rules out the door.
I have seen the light!

Again, Fouquet's and Cafe de la Paix came through big time for me.
They kind of etched the word "Vegetable" into my brain. And with pleasure, I let them feed me the offsprings of dirt.
I feel like a new man. It's as if I have come down from Mt. Sinai and am ready to preach the gospel to all who will listen. I just love those green crunchy things.
















The lettuce was always crisp, clean, and properly chilled.
The toppings were flavorful, well balanced, and tremendously visually appealing.
Plus salads are generally good for you, and you can have them everyday if you wanted.
What a concept...















The 2 salads above are :
1. Chicken Gizzard Confit and Foie Gras Terrine on Haricot Verts and Lettuce
2. Iceberg Lettuce on a Tarragon/Parsely Vinegrette base, topped with Russian Dressing, Shrimp, Grapefruit segments, and sliced Red Onions

Below is a Nicoise salad from a diner near the hotel I was staying at.
Not fancy at all, but if I had the option of getting this exact salad here in the States, it would be lunch everyday.

No comments: