Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Oursin - Sea Urchin

Never, have I felt the ocean burst in my mouth, as the way it did 2 weeks ago in France.

Cracked open 5 seconds before my first bite, it was a total out of the body experience.
With what I can explain on this blog, my vocabulary does not do it justice, and therefore I must apologize to you all.

Like so many "first times"... this, you will remember for ever.

People say, the first time you try Sea Urchin/Uni, you'll know if you love it or hate it.
I think it's true.
But if you are like me, and love Uni, you gotta do this.

*** I cannot say it will be the same elsewhere in the world... (although places like Japan, California and Maine will most likely not disappoint)

So if you ever find yourself in France in the early months of Winter, do yourself a huge favor and search for "Oursin" (sea urchins). And ask where you can have them raw.
It is a bit luxurious, it is humbling, and it is one of the greatest experiences of my life.

No comments: