Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Galeries Lafayette

http://www.galerieslafayette.com/
Show map of 40 Boulevard Haussmann, 75009 Paris, France

Department stores are a dime a dozen all around the world.
But for me, what separates a good store from a great one is their food floor.
American department stores lack this tasty marvel.
And up until a week ago, I thought only the department stores in Asia really captured the gourmand's heart.
I should have known better, but the French too are absolutely crazy about their department store food floor as well.

The Galeries Lafayette in the Opera District of Paris is probably equivalent to the Harrod's of London, the Mitsukoshi of Tokyo, and the Bergdorf Goodman of NYC.
Highend retail stores make up the lion's share of the men's and women's clothing, shoes, and home living floors.
But when I stepped into their "Gourmand Floor", WOW, I was blown away.
First of all, the lighting was at least 5 shades brighter than all other floors. It was busy as hell and everything looked good enough for a magazine photo shoot.
People say you can spend days at the Louvre and not see everything. That's exactly the way I felt about this particular floor at the Galerie Lafayette. It was "Mecca", and I did not want to ever leave.

Below are snapshots I took while walking through the maze of gastro-delights.
Enjoy!!!





























No comments: