Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Leftover Magic

I've never been one to turn leftovers into anything other than leftover grub.
But again, the DaVinci of our times... Mr. Jacques Pepin got my brain working the other day when he mentioned something about why not turning your dishes into another meal.

I guess my biggest problem was always not having anything left after the meal to make into something new. : )

















So in a turn of events, I had a few pounds of Grilled Skirt Steaks left from a little soiree that didn't happen. (People just never showed up... bastards)

I sliced up the steaks, got some Parmegiano Reggiano flakes and put together a killer steak sandwich.



















Steak Sandwich :
Kaiser Roll
Parmegiano Reggiano Flakes
Skirt Steak Slices
Homemade Salsa Verde Twist
Grilled Romaine Lettuce

Yum Yum Yum

2 comments:

Michele said...

I would have totally shown up to a party that had what appears to have been delicious food!

PointGeorge said...

How rude of your "guests".

Their loss, your gain.