Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Yards Pale Ale

update : scroll to the bottom

I took a trip to Philly this past weekend and happened to walk past a restaurant serving up Florida Stone Crabs.


I pumped the foot breaks and immediately made a reservation for later that night.
I hadn't had Stone Crabs in about 10 years and didn't want to miss out on this opportunity.
The hostess told me they just received their first shipment of the year that afternoon so it was pretty much "game time".

I gazed over the menu and saw there was a local Philly Pale Ale on the list.

Yards Pale Ale - Highly Recommended
This wasn't your typical Pale Ale by any means.
I think I read that they use Pilsner Malts instead of big richer flavored Malts, so this was particularly refreshing. Also, a good amount of citric hops going on.
I couldn't have been happier washing down the 3 lbs of Stone Crab claws with this delicious local brew.

Beautiful white head with decent lacing. Dark amber color to a pretty clean, well filtered beer. I like a lot.
To this Yankee, Philly wasn't all too bad.
: )


apologies for the brain fart... here's the restaurant info...

Positano Coast-Aldo Lamberti - Recommended

212 Walnut St
Philadelphia, PA 19106-3904
(215) 238-0499

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What was the name of the place?