Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Beer Room @ Whole Foods on Bowery

A co-worker of mine has been touting the Beer Room at Whole Foods in the Bowery for sometime. So on Friday we both headed there after work. He has been there several times before and kept talking up the selection.
When I got there I was like a kid in a candy store. They selections from all over the world, and more than several domestic craft brands. I have been craving Houblon Chouffe for sometime and was unable to find it at other local beer stores. They had it, so I picked it up.

Since going to the DogFish Head brewery this fall, I have become a huge fan. So I picked up their 90 minute IPA, a bottle of the 120 Minute IPA, and surprise...surprise they had the red & white. I have only heard about it from friends and learned more at the brewery. The bottle reads: "Malt beverage brewed with coriander & orange peel with pinot noir juice concentrate added with 11% aged in pinot noir barrels and 89% aged on oak barrel staves." Now being a big fan of Pinot, even before the movie SIDEWAYS, I had to pick this one up too. Before I knew it I was lugging a heavy bag of beer all the way home to Westchester. And for the selection I would gladly do it again.

Other things to mention about the Beer Room. They currently will sell you carafes of a handful of beer they offer on tap. The Beer Room is also looking to provide home brew kits so Beer Enthusiasts can brew at home, this is suppose to happen soon. I would have provided a few more names of beers they carry, but what fun would that be. Push back from your computer NOW and head there, you won't be disappointed.

No comments: