Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hong Kong / Shanghai 2010 Wrap Up

My return visit to the Motherland in about 20 years and the food definitely kicked some massive ars. I can't say enough at how shocked I was at the balance of flavors (salty, sweet, sour, umami) - stuff that I have never seen States side. Any who, a great time and I've already picked up some flavor profiles/cooking techniques always a good sign that the food kicked ars on our trip.

Goals for the next Shanghai / Hong Kong trip (besides Ho Hung Kee and Yang's Fry Dumpling)
  1. Go to a full on Cantonese style banquet with more people in Hong Kong - I feel that's where I can get the best Hong Kong has to offer
  2. Find the best dim sum place in HK. Maxim's was very solid, but I think there is probably better out there.
  3. See if there are any better xlb joints in Shanghai. Although Jia Jia Tang Bao was solid, I'm hoping there are better places.
  4. Get more Dong Po Rou!

No comments: