Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Salad Sundays

Aging isn't always, but can be at times a dirty word.
For Whiskey or a Porterhouse, it's extremely sexy. As for humans, not so much.
So one important thing we can all do is to eat healthier.
Recently, I met this couple, and they do Salad Sundays every weekend.
The husband, like me loves a nice juicy steak, but his wife is a health nut and adamantly keeps her (awesome) figure by only eating veggies and occasional fish.

Now I, like the next dude would love to have a rock hard 6-pack to flash at the beach this weekend. But if you are a foodie like me, we are talking near impossibility. It would take a tremendous amount of will power, and a certain masochistic lifestyle to achieve a Brad Pitt-esque chiseled stomach.

But great things are never created in a day, so perhaps this humble salad I made this past Sunday, with things I find tasty is a small step towards healthier living.


(Arugula, Avocados, Grapefruit, Marinaded Burdock Root, and some Tsukudani style Clams)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Impressed!
LFDL