Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Starbucks : Sandwich

If you work in Corporate America, and have an office job in a big building, how many times during the day do you hear, "Hey, I'm going to Starbucks, need anything"?

The biggest addicts grab a coffee in the morning, and then perhaps 2 or 3 more through out the day.
Whether people are truly addicted to caffeine, or just love their overly sweetened candy drinks, Starbucks truly cornered the American coffee market, and has gone global really fast.
Ever think how on earth Howard Schultz and a bunch of MBAs eradicate the office water cooler?
Truly remarkable.

Anywho, I actually wanted to bring your attention to the sandwiches at Starbucks. Or perhaps the sandwiches sold at Starbucks in the Tri-State Area; since I believe it's all prepared by contract at a common commissary.
I'm actually giddy about their sandwiches. Although I've only had 1 (very recently) to be honest, The Tarragon Chicken Salad, I have to say, is one yummy sandwich.
And considering I bought it at a freakin' chain, I couldn't be more surprised.

Initially, I wasn't expecting much. They don't look very good to be honest. But I needed something to eat, and was already at Starbucks killing time in between meetings.

There were other sandwiches in the open fridge for me to try, but let's be honest, I'd probably rather eat a bag of gummy bears over a Roasted Vegetable Panini.
So long story short, I got the Tarragon Chicken Sandwich and really enjoyed it.
Perhaps I will venture and try another sandwich from Starbucks one day. No matter how counter-intuitive that may seem.

3 comments:

Athos said...

As you stated, it may be just the tri-state area, because here, in D.C., the lunch sandwich I had tasted pretty much how it looked: rank. I do have to say that the breakfast sammich, and the price, are pretty decent.

Anonymous said...

I used to buy the snack plate at Starbuck's in Chicago. It had cheese, crackers, olives, carrotts and dip and some grapes, and boy was it good and they were always fresh; however, one day I went to grab one and they were "out" and I haven't seen one since. Never tried the sandwiches though.

Linda said...

They have the sandwiches here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area also. The tarragon is good but I like the turkey/swiss a little more. Never had a problem with freshness.