Monday, July 26, 2010

Rice and .....

Some of you have been following me on facebook and probably wondering what I did with the miso marinaded Foie Gras.

Well here is one dish I thought made complete sense and truly rocked my world.
I will probably be dishing this up at an event I host at the Japanese Culinary Center later this year. Completely SUBLIME if I do say so myself.

Beef Steak and Foie Gras Donburi

Ingredients :
1# Skirt Steak
3oz Foie Gras (Fresh and marinaded in a Saikyo Miso and Sake mixture)
1/2 Onion
1 clove Garlic
Sake to deglaze
1/4 C Chicken Stock
1T Butter

Season and pan sear the skirt steak to Medium Rare and set aside.
Marinade Foie Gras and wash away marinade. Slice to 1/2 inch medallions and pan sear.
Set aside.

In pan, sautee onions and minced garlic for a minute and deglaze with sake. When liquid is evaporated, add stock. Reduce, season to taste and add 1T butter to thicken.

In a hot bowl of rice, slice skirt steak against the grain and fan out. Place pan seared foie gras on top and spoon over pan sauce.
Serve hot. Enjoy!

No comments: