Sunday, January 23, 2011

Bill's Bar and Burger


Bill's Bar and Burger - Rockefeller Center
6 West 51st Street N
New York, NY 10019

Lot of discussion in the blog lately about best burgers in NYC. I'm partial to JG Mellon and maintain no one else comes close but happy to try out the competition. Bil's Bar and Burger in the Meatpacking has been around for a few years and recently opened up a midtown location so I figured I would give it a try. Its surprising how big the place it is - two huge floors just for a burger joint. I went with the 8oz version of "The Classic" which is cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickels, and Bill's special sauce. The result - kind of your average pub-style burger - nothing spectacular. Little disappointed based on a lot of the reviews out there. I would say for the money its probably better value since $8 for a burger is not a bad deal.

I did try their Disco Fries. I've never had Disco Fries before and after having some of these I cant understand the hype. And also between cheese sauce and heavy gravy how does one even know if the soaked fries were any good. Overall - not a bad place, good service and atmosphere and for the price its a decent burger but no where near worthy of being a Top 10 Burger Joint in this city. I'd highly recommend sipping on a few of their custom made beers including BILL's BREW, courtesy of Six Point and the highly refreshing COLD ASS BEER. Its worth the $6 to even say it to your waiter.

Disco Fries - Too Many and you won't be "Stayin' Alive"

No comments: