Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Kati Roll

When it comes to street cart food, I probably partake at least once a month. Sometimes a sit down meal just isn't in your cards and a boy's gotta eat. Nothing better than a quick order, some pocket change and a happy grin to follow.

Well the other night. I was at the office til late and heard the stomach growl. I was on my way home but I foresaw traffic at the tunnels and didn't want to be hungry/cranky all the way home.

My local street cart maestro was just packing up and so I quickly ordered this "Kati Roll" from the menu.

I had never seen a Kati Roll before. But I felt the adventure in the air and ordered one. I LIKE it!

You get 2 meat options, chicken or lamb. It's reheated on the flat top and the Halal version of a Chinese Scallion Pancake is made to order right there. Assembled with a touch of lettuce and onions, then dressed with the mysterious White Sauce and your option of Spicy Sauce, this little $2.99 monster is Out Of This World Delicious!!!

Street Cart Vendor on 45th St btw 2nd and 3rd. Closer to 3rd.
(Lamb Kati Roll)

Overall - (A)
Taste - ( A) big flavors and made to order
Price - (A) $2.99
Service - (B-) bit slow

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should check out The Kati Roll Company for the best rolls. They were the ones who introduced the kati rolls to the US.

http://www.bibipr.com/TKRC.html

Anonymous said...

Check out the bryini cart on 46 and 6th or Indus Express a place right near five guys south of rock center.