Thursday, March 17, 2011

Southern Fried Chicken

Those of you who know me, know I love a good fried chicken.
Ever since I was a little boy, Chicken has always been my jam.

Well, growing up in the states, you always here "southern fried chicken" is second to none.
And I don't mean Kentucky Fried Chicken, or Popeye's... but real Southern style buttermilk soaked pieces of chicken fried in lard and served either piping hot or cooled. The sides don't hurt either...
An assortment of Biscuits, Fried Okra, Fermented Beats, Chix and Dumplings, Mashed Potatoes, etc...

Well, I finally got a chance to have some authentic Southern Fried Chicken the other day when I was down in Georgia on business.

I give credit where credit is due. This stuff was dyno-mite!

Perfectly crispy on the outside, with just the right amount of flake. Super tender and moist chicken on the inside. Seasonings were right on, making sure the true taste of chicken was never compromised. This was definitely one of those When Harry Met Sally "moments".












I never expected this big a difference in quality from what I had considered a pretty darn good fried chicken from Popeye's. But this was truly at a whole different level.
True artisan work. Well done folks!

Oh, did I mention this was food from a diner? Sunday lunch to be exact.

No comments: