Sunday, April 24, 2011

Food Television Competition Shows

I'm trying to watch Top Chef Masters and 15 minutes into the third episode, I've decided enough is enough. The format of most of these cooking shows are oh so similar and the issue is there's massive over saturation of the market with these shows all overlapping each other. Top Chef, Top Chef Allstars, Chopped, The Next Iron Chef, and now Top Chef Masters - I won't throw in Hell's Kitchen since that's like comparing The Economist with National Enquirer :)

The worst part is I actually liked the original Top Chef Masters format since it was a breath of fresh air. It was real seasoned professionals not backstabbing each other and it was a lot lighter. I also liked the judging format of providing stars to each contestant versus the normal send you packing format. Definitely going to limit my intake to Top Chef only going forward...

No comments: