Sunday, February 17, 2008

Gala Manor (Flushing)

It's hard finding good dimsum here in the states. Especially when you've had the real thing in Hong Kong.
Today was an exception.
Through the recommendation of my wife's friends, we were introduced to Gala Manor in Flushing Queens.

3702 Main St
Flushing, NY 11354

It's in the Chinatown portion of Flushing where there were a number of Taiwanese restaurants as well.
To our surprise, the food was excellent. Clearly their chef isn't cutting any corners and making a ton of things from scratch. It's instantaneously noticeable and most definitely pleasant.
I was so impressed bite after bite of all our dishes. To say the least, I am eagerly looking forward to going back.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

add-ons : 2-18-08
Here are some pics I took with a real camera. I can't say enough about this place...





















- notice the firm and translucent skin on the Ha-Gao (top left)
- the perfectly steamed and collagen rich Fong-Tsau (top right)
- the tender and rich flavored Pai-Gwat (bottom left)
- and finally the perfect coarsely minced Sao-Mai (bottom right)

19 dishes later... the 4 of us waddled out the door completely satisfied.
The bill came under $60 for the 4 of us. You just can't beat that!



4 comments:

Vanessa said...

Thanks for sharing your experience. And your all snaps are mind-blowing. When you told that you were impressed then I felt some jealous to you…………haha that was a joke. Nice blog, nice pictures…… good job.

kidkong said...

this is one of my favorite dimsum places, hands down.

althea said...

Wow! I love this one. This is great! Foods look so delicious. I'll have to try this one.

Carpet Cleaning Sydney

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this one. I'll try to visit here for some time.

catering melbourne, catering williamstown, catering tullamarine