Monday, February 4, 2008

Super Bowl Sunday 2008

Went over to Casa de Porthos for the Super Bowl and cooked up a storm. For my contribution, I figured why not try pizza for the first time. Bought some dough from my local pizzeria and decided on three styles of pizzas (made about 7 tiny pies last night). The crowd favorite of the pies was my take on the spanish tortilla. Got my inspiration watching Jacques Pepin teaching proper egg cooking and figured potato, eggs, cheese, and chorizo would taste great on a pie. Luckily I was right. As usual, great times hanging with the dudes.

Here's what we made

1) Porthos - App of seared kobe beef and pork belly
2) Porthos - Momofuku style pork bun (incredible - tender, slightly sweet and very rich)
3) Aramis - Pizza with mozzarella, ricotta, blue cheese, caramelized onions
4) Aramis - Pizza with Arugula, Prosciutto, and Parmiggiano Flakes
5) Aramis - Pizza Tortilla de Spagna (egg, potato, caramelized onion, gruyere, chorizo)
6) D'Artagnan - Chili (cooked in red wine and lots of veggies which made it uber juicy and a huge depth of flavor)



No comments: