Friday, February 8, 2008

Oops, I did it again...

But this time, it was a little bit more planned out.
I took the wife to Sushi Yasuda last night to celebrate Valentines Day.
I wanted to avoid the mass hordes of people booking restaurants for the Hallmark Holiday.

Naturally, we sat at Chef Yasuda's counter and we let him have his way for us.
A word of advice, I recommend you sit with Yasuda san or Okuno san.
At these prices.. all others just won't do.

Chef Yasuda doesn't call his Chef's Tasting an "Omakase", but simply says... "May I pick my favorites for you?"
Depending day to day, fish quality will change (ever so slightly), and a skilled sushi chef will be able to prepare the best possible fish at that time, for his customer.
I must have had 20 to 25 nigiris while my wife had 15 pieces.
Every morsel was sublime.
Perfection one after the other.

I can't say enough good things about this place.
I've had my moments at Gari, Seki, Hatsuhana, Ichimura, SushiAnn, East 15, but this takes the cake.

What can I say, I'm a sentimental traditionalist...

No comments: