Thursday, February 24, 2011

Eataly

The wife and I finally made it out to Eataly, the uber food mall by Mario Batali, and although I love all things Italian - this place sucks. It feels like I'm at Lollapalooza except I'm not seeing an awesome band. It's a chaotic mosh pit with absolutely no flow to the traffic. Not a great way to shop for ingredients.

Not only does the traffic flow suck, the one food item we tried was sub par - the focaccia pizza. Although it looked promising, it was truly subpar - foccacia was deliciously airy and fluffy, but the tomato and mozzarella were completely bland.

Although I'm pretty anti-Eataly now, I may be forced to come back since I finally found Bucatini (spaghetti with a hole in the middle) which is impossible to find anywhere in the states. Pretty happy about that and I may have to make some bucatini all'amatriciana soon.

No comments: