Monday, March 3, 2008

Beef at Momofuku

I stopped by at Momofuku Noodle Bar for a late lunch Sunday with J.
As always, the guys took care of us and we had a blast.
They sent out a new dish on the house for my wife and I to try.
"Skirt Steak"
Creamed spinach on the bottom, medium rare skirt steak with kimchi butter on top.
It was a hit. The little bit of heat in the rich butter played well with the gaminess of the meat and the creamy spinach.
High points for balance of flavor and texture.
Right on guys!

ps... click on the pic and notice the Welsh salt crystals sprinkled on top. cooooool.

1 comment:

Athos said...

I like the name of the place. Like what you tell someone in Japan when they cut you off while driving.

"You cut me off! You dishonor me and my family. You... you... you... MOMOFUKU!!!"

;*)