Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Got Burned!

Anyone ever do this? Am I the only one?

I like cheese. No, I love it. There hasn’t been a cheese that I wouldn’t eat, even if it’s cheap. Give me the saltiest, stinkiest stuff, and I’m happy. Another way I like cheese… burnt. I’m not talking charred to ash, but crispy burnt.

Ever have that corner of lasagna where the sides of it are black, because the cheese was roasting itself on the pan in the oven? What about pizza where the cheese fuses itself to the crust that people don’t eat? Maybe scraping the bottom of the fondue pan? Man, the last one is one of my favorites.

Well, here’s something I did on accident last weekend. And have done it purposely several times afterwards. I got some ½ skim milk string cheese to snack on, threw it in the microwave to melt it some, but then left it unattended. When I returned… what a mess. A burnt, tasty mess!

I tried it again… delicious. How? Just throw the string cheese on a plate and into the microwave for 77 seconds. Why 77? Cuz it’s easier to type than 70 or 80. (It’s not like a scientifically calculated that 77 is worse or better than 76 or 78, just that I don’t want to lift my finger from the 7 and then put it on the 0 number. Though I did try 66, and that wasn’t burnt enough.)

There’s my recipe. You’re welcome, to my fellow weirdo readers. ^_^



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a big fan of Burnt Cheese. The best part after finishing a nice cheese fondu is putting the Pot on top of a burner and creating crispy cheese chips!!! Ain't nothing better especially when you use Bobolink Cheese from the cowoutside.com

NJFoodies said...

That is genius! Have some in the office fridge, and just might have to try it tomorrow!