Friday, March 28, 2008

Pitano Gelato - Review

Intro
Pitango Gelato - Highly Recommended

802 S Broadway, Baltimore, Maryland (410) 702-58
28
Phone:
410-702-5828

The final review of our mini Baltimore trip and as some of you faithful readers know by now, I looooooove gelato. So, wherever I see gelato, I must try it. Being the Italian food snob, I really don't expect much from any gelato unless it's in Italy. Pitango's gelato in the Fell's Point area was a spectacular surprise - better than one of my favorites in NYC, Bruno Bakery in the West Village. Gelato is all about intensity of flavors and the super creamy texture. They nail it perfectly here and one up Bruno as I feel the gelato's at Bruno are too sweet. Any who, if you're ever around the area you must try. Oh ya, gelato's are $4.50 for 2 good size portions...killer deal.

My Menu
1) Coconut Gelato **
2) Chocolate Hazlenut Gelato (Gianduja) **

* Good
** Great
*** What the F (in a good way)

1) Never had Coconut gelato, but they do it perfectly here. You really get the great coconut flavor that's pleasantly sweet, instead of crazy sweet.
2) I love Gianduja and this is a great representation of it. Rich chocolate flavor enhanced by a super nutty flavor of hazlenut.


No comments: